17.6.10

Detox Day Four: Abundant Energy


Today I experienced a delirious vibrancy. I woke up early and went to a yoga class first thing. After practice, I had a delicious cup of caffeine-free rooibos, a banana, and two clementines. Then I hustled over to my therapist/analyst's office, then headed to an amazing raw food restaurant, where I had raw soup and rice for lunch (thank goodness rice is allowed). 

After lunch, it was back home for a shower, packing for my quick weekend trip to Chicago, and several hours of research work. I sipped dandelion root and ginger tea all the while. Work, errands, etc. - and then another yoga class to wind down the day. Bookending a busy day with yoga is the best remedy for fatigue and tension. And I can assure you, all of these fresh raw fruits and vegetables supported my good mood today. My energy levels actually increased throughout the day. It took the Portland sky until around 5:30 p.m. to shed the gray and let the sun shine. Amazingly, my mental, emotional and physical states were closely aligned with this meteorological unfolding. 

The final day of my cleanse will be spent traveling, but all the motion will end with a big, beautiful reunion. I have baby carrots, pears, a fruit smoothie, and kombucha on hand for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment