16.6.10

Detox Day Three

This is the halfway point. I can't determine whether it's better to work 8-10 hour days while detoxing, or if you should take a vacation in order to cleanse and maintain your sanity. The upside of working and detoxing is the distraction of task after task. However, if you spend 9 hours chasing small children, pushing strollers up canyon hills, and serving as a human jungle gym, it can be a challenge. 

I ate a peach for breakfast, and then managed to make a carrot-celery-parsley-strawberry-banana smoothie a couple hours later. Shortly thereafter, I ate a banana with raw almond butter (I figured raw nut butters are probably allowed). I ate a nectarine mid-afternoon, and then two peaches on my way from work to a therapy session. Now, later than I would have liked, I am eating a huge salad of romaine, spinach, raw cabbage, raw red pepper, sprouts, chickpeas, onion, and some organic Green Goddess dressing. I'm not sure why Green Goddess is permitted, but I will absolutely take it. And, I drank jug after jug of dandelion root tea with lemon all day long. Dandelion root tea tastes a bit like watered down coffee and it cleanses your liver.

I went from therapy to yoga (the most luxurious pairing I can imagine) and took a wonderful class taught by Manda. Lots of twists, slow sun salutations, and deeply held standing poses. 

The last day of the cleanse, Friday, is a big travel day for me - hours and hours of flight towards Chicago for a family reunion. I suppose the ultimate challenge will be finishing the cleanse on a good note while in airports, airplanes, and at the mercy of my Italian-American relatives.


*One of the toughest parts of this cleanse is remembering not to eat fruit after meals. Fruit will actually ferment the food already digesting in your stomach, creating gastrointestinal issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment