6.8.10

BACK EAST


Scheduled Departure from Portland: August 21st/22nd, 2010


After approximately one year of living the (not-so) easy life in Portland, Oregon, I've decided to get a move on.
Why? Well, the reasons are many. My year was full of surprises. It's been beautiful, sad, funny, musical. Damp, gray, bright, earthy. I planted things that never grew. I began novels that may never be finished. I searched and sometimes I found, and  of course I am still fumbling. I've had moments of true delight. I've also been a lone wanderer, and in some ways this was exactly what I wanted. But it's time to wander further. 

On August 21st or 22nd, my dear friend Camila and I will strike out from West to East, down through California, over to Nevada and Utah, down to New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and up the Southeastern/Northeastern seaboard to New York.
New York! Where I'm from. 

If everything goes well, I'll be in India from November until March, studying at the Ashtanga Research Institute and traveling. 

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's a big splendid trip in my very near future. I've given notice to my employers and now feel fully committed to this next adventure. 



What I'll Miss About Portland:

Townshend's Tea House
Random Order Coffeehouse
Powell's Books
Prasad Vegan Cuisine
The Yoga Space
The People's Yoga
The Hupperich Family
The Siegel Family
Cindy C.
Arianne, Nathan, Mabel
Alberta Street
The Southeast
Street Yoga
Vita Cafe
6006 Atlantic
New Seasons
Video Verite
Farmers' markets 6 days/week
Cheap shows
Random nudity









1 comment:

  1. You are such a beauty. All parts of you.

    ReplyDelete