12.8.10

Countdown

The countdowns begin.

9 days until I leave Portland,
1 month until I turn a ripe 23 years old. 

The days leading up to a birthday are always a good time to take pause and wonder, what am I doing? Where am I going?
Is it possible to answer these questions?

Over the next month, I will assemble a list of 24 things I'd like to do/accomplish/manifest in the next year of my life. Maybe I'll post the list, maybe I won't. Not that I assume the readers of this blog (5? 6?) are chomping at the bit to know what my internal road map looks like. But lists are fun!

Here's a list for ya. A playlist.

Running, Returning : Akron Family
Postcards : An-Horse
With Arms Outstretched : Rilo Kiley
Play With Fire : The Rolling Stones
Please Don't Be Upset (?) : Jack & Jeffrey Lewis
Driving : Sibylle Baier
Omaha : Liz Isenberg
Farm, Ca. : Jana Hunter
No, No, No, I Won't Come (Go) : Michael Hurley
Exit Music (For a Film) : Radiohead
Postcards from Italy : Beirut
Chin Chin & Muck Muck : Devendra Banhart
Vicious Traditions : The Veils
Nobody Has To Stay : Mirah
Bright Bright Bright : Dark Dark Dark

This is what a garden looks like. If I could be buried in a place like this, that'd be swell.






No comments:

Post a Comment