16.8.10

Of course I would have an amazing weekend.


I leave Portland in five days, and of course I just had one of the best weekends of the year with friends Chipp and Genevieve. We cooked, we ate, we talked, we laughed, we got tattooed, we went to Mt. Hood for a barbecue, we lolled around in the heat wave, we took a yoga class, we hung out at a bar until last call on a Sunday night. It was stupendous. I feel so grateful for their company, and for Genevieve's good sense and for Chipp's good humor. It makes the idea of leaving a bit more difficult to swallow, but I'm happy there is at least a modicum of resistance and doubt - it means I haven't spent the past year of my life hanging around a place that wasn't worthwhile. 

Portland is totally the greatest city I have ever had the privilege to reside in. Last night we were talking about how we wish all the places we love could be a hop skip and a jump away from each other. If I could rearrange the country, I would bring New England, New York, and Oregon together, but I would let them all maintain their respective characters and climates.

I feel like my heart is hovering over the country with its roots sprawling from coast to coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment